Dealing with Grief
Grief is a personal journey for everyone. We all grieve in our own way, in our own time. We are here to help. We’ll stand beside you during – and after – the funeral service to help you cope with your loss. We understand about sadness, heartache – and hope. We’d like to make your grief journey a little easier.”
Spicer-Mullikin Family Aftercare Services
Spicer-Mullikin understands what it means to grieve. That’s why our service to you does not end when the funeral is over. We know that your grief may just be starting. We are here to support you with aftercare and grief counseling services so that you can manage the many emotions of grief, healing, and adjusting to a new life.
Please call us at (302) 368-9500 or email us at email@example.com to learn more about our aftercare services and support groups, or join our supportive Facebook community for comfort and inspiration in your time of grief.
Our aftercare services include:
- Personal counseling through one-on-one or group support meeting, or by phone, email or letter.
- Grief support groups, such as Widowed Seniors Alone; Changing Pathways (for former caregivers); and Grieving Mothers.
- Widowed Seniors Alone: First and Third Thursday of the month, 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Newark Senior Center
- Changing Pathways: First and Third Wednesday of the month, 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Newark Senior Center
- A grief support group is also available for families who have lost adult children to addiction, suicide, or risky behaviors. Please contact Heather Suchanec to learn more: via email or call 235-9500.
- Materials about managing grief, including a lending library.
- Hope for the Holidays annual program for adults experiencing the struggle of getting through the holidays while still grieving the death of a loved one.
We are here for you – always.
Grief is our response to loss. It can be bewildering, deeply painful and disorienting.
If you have experienced the loss of a loved one and have chosen Spicer-Mullikin to commemorate his or her life, please know we are fully trained to support you through all the stages of grief, however long it takes.”