Planning a Funeral
Most of us are not prepared to plan and carry out a funeral ceremony for someone we love. A personalized, meaningful funeral that helps families and friends begin the healing process after the death of a loved one is very important, and takes planning. That is why we are here.
If you are in need of funeral services or would like to discuss funeral planning for yourself or a loved one, please call us at (302) 368-9500.
The Importance of the Funeral Service
When we experience the death of someone we love, a funeral service fills several important needs:
- It provides for the dignified and respectful care of the person
- It provides a special tribute to their life
- It helps survivors face the reality of death, which is the first big step toward taking grief from the inside and allowing us to express it on the outside through mourning
- Together, close friends and relatives can lend support and consolation when they’re needed most
Helpful Resources for Funeral Planning
We have prepared some resources that may help you approach the task of planning a funeral, which are available for download and printing below:
- Important Information for You and Those You Love
- 50 Things That Must Be Done on the Most Difficult Day of Your Life
- Next Steps After a Death Occurs
- Frequently Asked Questions about Funeral Planning
- Creating a Special Tribute to Your Loved One
Learn more about our funeral services:
Looking for our forms? Find them here.