Funeral services offer support, continuity and hope. They help families find strength and healing through community and ritual.
When a loved one dies, a funeral service provides a dignified and respectful tribute to their life and an opportunity for family and friends to say goodbye. Whether you choose to bury or cremate your loved one, our licensed funeral directors at Spicer-Mullikin will take you step-by-step through the process.
We make sure that your loved one has a personalized service as unique as they are.
At Spicer-Mullikin, one of our most important obligations to each family we serve is to help them navigate a sad and challenging time in their lives. We do this with care and compassion. We offer each family the opportunity to have a life celebration like no other, and share their fondest memories of their loved one.
Livestreaming and Video Services
At Spicer-Mullikin we proudly partner with local businesses in Delaware to offer families options to honor loved ones. We offer livestreaming and video recording services through our partnership with local business O.K. Video. Livestreaming services is a way for families and friends to attend a service, share sympathy and remember a loved one when they can’t be there in person.
Ask your funeral director for more information about livestreaming or recording services.
For our families who choose “green” burials, Spicer-Mullikin offers several burial plan options, including:
- Formaldehyde-free sanitary care
- Renewable caskets free of metals, plastics and toxic chemicals of any kind
- Beautiful seagrass caskets crafted by hand from sustainable willow and fully lined with a natural, unbleached fitted cotton
Spicer-Mullikin Funeral Homes & Crematory received its green burial certification in October 2012.
If you’re in need of funeral services or would like to discuss funeral planning for yourself or a loved one, please call us at (302) 368-9500.
Helpful Resources for Funeral Planning
We’ve prepared resources that may help you approach the task of planning a funeral. They’re available below for download and printing:
- Important Information for You and Those You Love
- 50 Things That Must Be Done on the Most Difficult Day of Your Life
- Next Steps After a Death Occurs
- Frequently Asked Questions about Funeral Planning
- Creating a Special Tribute to Your Loved One
- Catering Your Event
Looking for our forms?
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Pre-Paid through pre-planning arrangements
- Verifiable Insurance